An easy meatball recipe using Italian bulk sausage. Adapted from "Everyday with Rachael Ray," August 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs italian bulk sausage
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices canned pineapple, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup pineapple liquid
- 1/4 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1In a medium bowl, combine sausage and half of the green onions; season with salt and pepper; shape into 16 meatballs.
- 2Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- 3Stir in rice, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Stir in sesame seeds.
- 5Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 6Cook meatballs about 15 minutes, turning so they brown evenly.
- 7In a small saucepan, combine pineapple, juice, chipotle, and cumin; cook over medium heat until sauce is reduce by half, about 10 minutes.
- 8Serve meatballs over rice, pour sauce over meatballs; garnish with cilantro and remaining green onions.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Meatballs With Pineapple Chipotle Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.3
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 725.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo