Recipe by Chef B Koss
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Pork meatballs with spinach, portabella mushrooms, and pasta in a creamy Alfredo sauce.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup panko crispy Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 lb cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 lb baby portabella mushrooms
- 9 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided (2 TBS & 6 TBS)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix the first 5 ingredients.
- Roll into balls approx 1 1/2" to make 12 meatballs (set aside).
- In saucepan bring beef broth to boil - reduce heat to med-high - add meatballs to the pan. Cover and cook for 15 minutes then turn meatballs onto the other side and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce:.
- In a skillet on med-high heat melt 2 TBS butter, adding onions & garlic cooking until soft (approx 2 min); add mushrooms and cook an additional 2 minutes then add the spinach cooking another 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the same skillet melt remaining 6 TBS butter, add heavy cream and cook on medium heat a couple of minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Reduce the heat to low and add the parmesan and ricotta cheeses stirring until smooth. Add the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing stirring an additional minute.
- Add the spinach and mushroom mixture to the sauce in the skillet folding in the cooked pasta. Transfer to serving dish.
- Remove the meatballs from the broth (discarding the broth) and spoon the meatballs into the pasta sauce.
- Serve with salad and bread. Enjoy!