Recipe by MsKittyKat
My Aunt's sausage recipe. We just love this stuff!
Top Review by Wobin
This was a very tasty recipe and was exactly what I was looking for. I used closer to a tablespoon of sage. I did not have any hot sauce so I used a half tsp of cyanne pepper. Thank you so much for this recipe. There is not any breakfast sausage where I live and I have been missing it!
- 1 lb pork shoulder butt, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 ounces sliced bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Process half of pork and half of bacon in processor until pork is coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Repeat with remaining pork and bacon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Form mixture into twelve 2 1/2-inch-diameter patties.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead).
- Heat heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 6 patties and sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer patties to paper towels.
- Wipe skillet clean.
- Repeat with remaining patties.
- Serve warm with additional maple syrup if desired.