Recipe by Mercy
This is so easy to make and so tasty! In the time it takes you to cook the rice, the dish will be done.
Top Review by heatherhopecs
I liked this recipe and it was very easy to make. I think using fresh ingredients in this recipe is very important to maximizing the flavor -- I used a few ingredients that were a bit past their prime and that impacted the overall taste. But I will make this again, definitely.
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, cubed
- 2 tablespoons smoked almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- hot cooked rice (white or yellow)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook the ground pork until it is no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Stir in onions, garlic, cinamon, coriander, oregano, thyme. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Gently stir in salsa and mango. Cover and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and cilantro. Serve with hot cooked rice.