Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so easy to make and so tasty! In the time it takes you to cook the rice, the dish will be done.
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, cubed
- 2 tablespoons smoked almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- hot cooked rice (white or yellow)
- In a large skillet cook the ground pork until it is no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Stir in onions, garlic, cinamon, coriander, oregano, thyme. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Gently stir in salsa and mango. Cover and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon into serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and cilantro. Serve with hot cooked rice.