This is so easy to make and so tasty! In the time it takes you to cook the rice, the dish will be done.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, cubed
- 2 tablespoons smoked almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- hot cooked rice (white or yellow)
- 1In a large skillet cook the ground pork until it is no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- 2Stir in onions, garlic, cinamon, coriander, oregano, thyme. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- 3Gently stir in salsa and mango. Cover and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- 4Spoon into serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and cilantro. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Mango Picadillo
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.0
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 455.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 21.8 g