This is so easy to make and so tasty! In the time it takes you to cook the rice, the dish will be done.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, cubed
- 2 tablespoons smoked almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- hot cooked rice (white or yellow)
- 1In a large skillet cook the ground pork until it is no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- 2Stir in onions, garlic, cinamon, coriander, oregano, thyme. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- 3Gently stir in salsa and mango. Cover and heat through, about 2 minutes.
- 4Spoon into serving dish. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and cilantro. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Mango Picadillo
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.0
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 455.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 21.8 g