- 1 lb pork belly
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C (325°F) or Gas No 3.
- Trim excess fat off the pork and discard. Cut the flesh into bite -size pieces.
- Brown the meat in the hot oil, then stir in all the other ingredients except the mandarins.
- Bring to the boil then transfer to an ovenproof casserole and cook for about an hour until the meat is tender.
- Stir in the drained mandarins and serve with savoury rice.