Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Casserole of pork and mandarin oranges!
- 1 lb pork belly
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C (325°F) or Gas No 3.
- Trim excess fat off the pork and discard. Cut the flesh into bite -size pieces.
- Brown the meat in the hot oil, then stir in all the other ingredients except the mandarins.
- Bring to the boil then transfer to an ovenproof casserole and cook for about an hour until the meat is tender.
- Stir in the drained mandarins and serve with savoury rice.
YUM YUM YUM!!!! Used chopped pork not belly pork,added green pepper aswell and another tin of tomatoes. So quick and easy to make but so very tasty.