Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a superbly tender loin. Have also used recipe with venison loin and the results are excellent. When I use a venison loin, I marinate in salt water, beer or other marinade for several hours to remove wild game taste and use meat tenderizer before cooking.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown loin on all sides.
- Remove loin from skillet, add onion and cook until tender.
- Add flour; cook and stir until lightly browned.
- Add chick stock, wine, garlic, bay leaf, minced parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir over low heat until sauce is thoroughly blended.
- Place browned loin in small roasting pan; pour wine sauce over top.
- Cover and cook at 325 degrees for 2- 2 1/2 hours depending on size of loin.
- Remove loin and slice thinly.
- To serve, arrange loin on platter and drizzle with reserved sauce.
- Pass remaining sauce.