Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This meal is simple enough to make any night of the week, yet its beautiful enough for company. The roasted garlic vinaigrette also makes the perfect salad dressing, yummy!!
- 4 lbs pork loin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 heads garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 475.
- Cut the tops off of each garlic head, place each garlic on a sheet of aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper, wrap foil so that the garlic is completely enclosed. Roast the garlic for 1 hour.
- Place the pork in a medium-sized heavy saucepan.
- Season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork in the oven after the garlic has been roasting for 30 minutes.
- Roast the pork for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove for the roasting pan, tent with foil, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven after it has been in for 1 hour, let cool to the touch.
- Squeeze the cloves out of the skin.
- Place in a blender with the parsley and balsamic vinegar.
- Pulse until blended.
- Drizzle in the 3/4 cup olive oil while the machine is blending.
- Add the sugar, salt, pepper, and water and blend to incorporate.
- Serve the dressing over the pork.
Yummy. Yummy. Yummy. I love pork and I love roasted garlic more, and adding balsamic just makes it all better. Another delicious recipe to add to my cookbook. Thanks.
I saw this prepared on Everyday Italian this past weekend, and am so happy you posted it here! I really love this recipe, and the vinaigrette is very versatile. In addition to the pork, we ate it on a salad of greens and my daughter even put it on her baked potato! Yummo!