Recipe by Asheats
This meal is simple enough to make any night of the week, yet its beautiful enough for company. The roasted garlic vinaigrette also makes the perfect salad dressing, yummy!!
- 4 lbs pork loin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 heads garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 475.
- Cut the tops off of each garlic head, place each garlic on a sheet of aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper, wrap foil so that the garlic is completely enclosed. Roast the garlic for 1 hour.
- Place the pork in a medium-sized heavy saucepan.
- Season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork in the oven after the garlic has been roasting for 30 minutes.
- Roast the pork for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove for the roasting pan, tent with foil, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oven after it has been in for 1 hour, let cool to the touch.
- Squeeze the cloves out of the skin.
- Place in a blender with the parsley and balsamic vinegar.
- Pulse until blended.
- Drizzle in the 3/4 cup olive oil while the machine is blending.
- Add the sugar, salt, pepper, and water and blend to incorporate.
- Serve the dressing over the pork.