Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Tender pork loin stuffed with herbs and wrapped in delicious prosciutto, this easy roast is full of rich, savory flavors that’ll make it the highlight of any table.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs top loin pork roast, boneless
- 2⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1⁄3 cup Fontina cheese, shredded, about 1 oz
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto, thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine panko, fontina, and sage. Stand roast on end and insert thin-bladed knife down center of loin to make 2-inch opening all the way through. Use your fingers to force the slit into a long 1-inch-diameter hole. Pack panko mixture into hole, working from both ends of roast. Season roast on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place roast, fat side up, on work surface. Arrange prosciutto slices across top of roast. Tie with kitchen twine at 1- to 1 1/2-inch intervals. Place in shallow roasting pan, prosciutto side up, and roast 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest 10 minutes. Remove twine. Slice roast and arrange on serving platter. Serve drizzled with any pan juices.