Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Not sure where this recipe came from, but I cooked it at the beach one summer with a friend and it became a tradition every time we returned (and lots of times at home, inbetween). This is a savory roast. The marmalade and white wine bring out the flavor and juiciness of the roast but don't overpower with sweetness.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pork loin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush meat with the olive oil and then sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary. Pour the wine and water into the roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spoon 1/2 cup of pan drippings into a small bowl. Add the marmalade and mix well. Pour this mixture over the meat and return it to the oven.
- Continue roasting the meat for 35 to 45 minutes, basting it 2 to 3 times with the pan drippings, until a meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees F.
- Let the meat rest 15 minutes before serving. Skim any fat from the pan drippings and serve with the roast.