Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe I found for Spanish recipes on "About.com" that I am posting for ZWT, so untried by me. Here is what is stated: Pork loin smothered in mushrooms, onions carrots with white wine makes a delicious little tapa. If you are looking for a tasty, yet simple main course, this is perfect.
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (or cut a large loin into 8 slices, 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 lb white mushroom (or 1 1/2 Portabella mushrooms)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 4 ounces white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Rinse and clean mushrooms under cold running water. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices. Peel and cut carrot into very thin round slices. Peel the onion and chop coarsely.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan, pour 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil and heat over medium. Add onion and carrot slices and sauté 3-5 minutes. Turn heat up to medium-high. Add mushroom slices, lemon juice, white wine and tomato sauce. Stir while adding crushed thyme and granulated sugar. Continue to stir constantly while mixture cooks for 5-7 minutes. If white wine evaporates, add a bit of water to prevent mixture from burning.
- Salt both sides of pork slices. Heat 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil in a separate large frying pan and cook pork. If you prefer, cook chops over an open flame grill.
- Serve loin accompanied by the mushroom mixture, and rice or fried potatoes.