Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Perfect one-dish meal from Great American Recipes. While it simmers, take the time to prepare a pan of cornbread to serve alongside.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- red wine
- 1⁄3 cup green chili, canned, chopped
- 1 cup pinto beans, canned, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Cut pork loin into 1 inch slices. Pound slightly.
- Mix together the flour with cayenne pepper, cumin, seasoned salt and the pepper.
- Roll pork pieces in seasoned flour.
- In a large skillet, saute pork, red onion and green or red pepper in butter until golden. Add rd wine to skillet along with chopped green chiles.
- Cover skilled and simmer for 30 minutes. Add pinto beans and continue cooking for 15 more minutes.
- Before serving, top hot pork with grated cheese.
An absolute hit in my household. I double up the toppings because my family enjoys them so much