Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 20 mins
a very tasty pork loin that was made at Christmas. Easy preparation.
- 1 (4 lb) pork loin roast
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 cup margarine
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white wine worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Place roast in shallow roasting pan, and sprinkle roast with rosemary and peppers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring ingredients to a boiling point, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove roast from oven and spoon about 1 cup sauce over roast, and return to oven and cook for 1 hour or till meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Let roast stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Spoon meat juices from roast into fruit sauce.
- Heat and serve with pork roast.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
I made half a recipe of the sauce and only 2 lb. of pork loin. It is a very delicious meal. I served with Recipe #53520 and Recipe #133821.
Company I had a while back really enjoyed this GREAT TASTING ROAST! I especially liked the combo of cranberry, orange & apricot! Served it with brown (rather than white) rice, & the sauce added greatly to the whole thing! Definitely a keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed inNewest Zaar tag game]