We love onions and caramelized is one of our favorite ways to have onions with meat! This recipe was out of Taste of Home magazine and instantly became a hit with my family! I hope you enjoy it as well.
- In a large skillet, cook onion and sugar in oil over medium-low heat until onion is tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the pork in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with onion mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
This was a great way to make pork loin. With the caramelized onions it added a very good side flavor. My family loved it and they would tell you that don`t like onions much. I did make it with a apple wood marinated loin. I`m sure it did help in the flavor. It came out great.Thank you for the recipe.
Wow this wass really good. I wish I would have read the reviews first as I too would have made more then one onion. We fought over the onion. I did have to cook mine for an hour and a half and it was done perfectly.
Love, love, love this recipe. So simple yet so good. The onions are an excellent addition.