Recipe by Stacky5
A slow cooker pork roast with a sweet and lightly spiced glaze by Diana Rattray. Sent to me in an e-mail from About.com. (Haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delicious and looks so easy to make.)
Top Review by Cyn
This is one of the best recipes I have made in a long time! Phenomenal! I used a 4 lb boneless pork roast but did not trim the fat and put the fat side up. I misread the instruction and put the cinnamon in with the other initial ingredients (1 c brown sugar, mustard and balsamic vinegar) so I skipped the final step of draining the juice and adding the additional 1/3 cup brown sugar. This made fantastic pulled pork leftovers. This is also good for pulled pork sandwiches with BBQ sauce as leftovers. I will be adding this into my regular rotation, thank you for sharing this!
- 1 (4 -6 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash pork roast, trim excess fat, pat dry, and rub with garlic halves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then prick the roast all over with a fork or skewer.
- In a cup or bowl, combine 1 cup of the brown sugar, the mustard, and vinegar. Rub all over the roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Pour off the excess juices.
- Combine the remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar with cinnamon; Spread the mixture over the top of the roast.
- Cover and continue cooking on LOW for 1 hour longer.