Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A slow cooker pork roast with a sweet and lightly spiced glaze by Diana Rattray. Sent to me in an e-mail from About.com. (Haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delicious and looks so easy to make.)
- 1 (4 -6 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash pork roast, trim excess fat, pat dry, and rub with garlic halves. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then prick the roast all over with a fork or skewer.
- In a cup or bowl, combine 1 cup of the brown sugar, the mustard, and vinegar. Rub all over the roast.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Pour off the excess juices.
- Combine the remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar with cinnamon; Spread the mixture over the top of the roast.
- Cover and continue cooking on LOW for 1 hour longer.
This is one of the best recipes I have made in a long time! Phenomenal! I used a 4 lb boneless pork roast but did not trim the fat and put the fat side up. I misread the instruction and put the cinnamon in with the other initial ingredients (1 c brown sugar, mustard and balsamic vinegar) so I skipped the final step of draining the juice and adding the additional 1/3 cup brown sugar. This made fantastic pulled pork leftovers. This is also good for pulled pork sandwiches with BBQ sauce as leftovers. I will be adding this into my regular rotation, thank you for sharing this!
This was really good. I'm always looking for good things to do with pork loin when it goes on sale. Everyone liked this, even the kid who says he doesn't like pork. <br/><br/>Only changes: Kept juice to make sauce and serve over pork, added sliced apples in last hour and cooked for 5 hours total. Newer crock pots cook much hotter than they used to and I find that 7 or more hours is just too much for anything. That's really too bad for working mothers today because they are gone more like 9-10 hours.
I got a $5 pork loin at the store that literally turned into a weekends feast! I followed the recipe to a T, shredded it when it was done & mixed in a bottle of sweet baby rays! YUUUUUMMMMY! I cant believe this doesnt have more reviews! I'll definitely be making this for the rest of my life! Thanks for sharing!