Recipe by Mom2Rose
Top Review by morgainegeiser
Quick and simple what more can you ask for in a meal - oh, yes flavor and yes that was good too. I felt the sauce was too thick will thin next time and I am not sure the extra cost for white asparagus was worth it, green would have worked just as well.
- 1 lb pork loin
- 1 ounce butter
- salt and pepper
- 3 lbs white asparagus (can substitute green asparagus for slightly different taste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 pickle
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the pork loin in slices.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the pork loin slices for 3 minutes on each side, season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Peel the asparagus.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan and add a teaspoon of both salt and sugar.
- Cook asparagus for about 15 minutes, then remove, allow to drain and keep warm.
- Peel the onion and pickle and puree in a blender.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and chop finely.
- Mix together the eggs, crème fraîche and the onion, pickle mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper and chervil.
- Pour the sauce on to the asparagus and serve with the pork loin and boiled potatoes.