Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Delicious tender and moist pork loin complemented with apples!!! Yum!!! A friend gave me this recipe years ago, and I've been making it ever since. Great with mashed potatoes to soak up the juices. Try serving with homemade applesauce!! Enjoy!!
- 3 -5 lbs pork loin
- 3 apples, peeled and cut in thick slices
- 1 (12 ounce) bag sauerkraut
- 1 (12 ounce) can pork gravy or 1 (12 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1 (12 ounce) jar applesauce
- Place pork loin and all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork from crockpot and rest for about 20 minutes Slice and serve with the sauerkraut and apples.
This turned out so good! I used a 2 lb. loin, which I seasoned with s&p and seared in olive oil. After removing the meat and placing it in the crock, I sauteed a sliced onion in the pan until it started to get soft, and then added the apple slices (2 granny smiths) just to toss with the juices before pouring the whole thing in the crock. I used 16 oz of sauerkraut, and next time I make it I will probably use more since we like it so much. Other ingredients were as listed. We had it with mashed potatoes as suggested, which was really delicious, but it would also be fantastic with dumplings!