Recipe by gailanng
Tender pork slices combined with apples and a creamy mushroom sauce. A beautiful entree for a dinner party.
Top Review by GaylaV
The pork was good, the apples were great and the mushrooms and cream sauce were over the top delicious. I really wanted to lick my plate but exhibited some restraint!! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for ZWT Xtra Hot Dishes.
- 1 boneless pork loin, trimmed (about 2 lbs)
- 2.46-4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 78.07 ml apple cider
- 29.58 ml dry white vermouth or 29.58 ml very dry white wine
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 44.37 ml butter, divided
- 3 small tart apples, peeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 340.19 g mushroom, fresh, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 450 degrees.
- Sprinkle roast with seasonings and place in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake 20 minutes then reduce to 325 degrees; continue to bake 1 hour or until meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees. Remove roast to platter; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place same baking pan over medium heat; add apple cider and scrape bottom of pan. Add vermouth, broth and whipping cream. Bring to boil; cook 15 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in large skillet; add apples and saute until golden, turning once; remove from pan. Should the apples taste too tart, add sugar as needed.
- Melt remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in same pan; add mushrooms and cook until tender. Stir in cream mixture; heat through.
- Serve sliced pork, apples wedges and mushrooms with cream.