1/2 Photos of Pork Loin With Apples and Mushrooms
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 35 mins
Tender pork slices combined with apples and a creamy mushroom sauce. A beautiful entree for a dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless pork loin, trimmed (about 2 lbs)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons dry white vermouth or 2 tablespoons very dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 small tart apples, peeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 3/4 lb mushroom, fresh, sliced
- 1Preheat oven 450 degrees.
- 2Sprinkle roast with seasonings and place in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake 20 minutes then reduce to 325 degrees; continue to bake 1 hour or until meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees. Remove roast to platter; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3Place same baking pan over medium heat; add apple cider and scrape bottom of pan. Add vermouth, broth and whipping cream. Bring to boil; cook 15 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- 4Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in large skillet; add apples and saute until golden, turning once; remove from pan. Should the apples taste too tart, add sugar as needed.
- 5Melt remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in same pan; add mushrooms and cook until tender. Stir in cream mixture; heat through.
- 6Serve sliced pork, apples wedges and mushrooms with cream.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Loin With Apples and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.9
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 212.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless pork loin
dry white vermouth