Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Southern Living...December 2008
Make and share this Pork Loin Roast With Carolina Apple Compote recipe from Food.com.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- kitchen string
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 lbs gala apples, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup apple cider
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Rub mixture on all sides of pork roast. Tie pork roast with kitchen string, securing at 1 inch intervals. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown roast in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 2-4 minutes on all sides. Place pork on lightly greed rack in an aluminum foil lined roasting pan.
- Bake at 375 for 1 hour or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 150 degrees. Cover roast with foil, and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile cut apples into bite-size pieces; sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add cider and next 4 ingredients to skillet. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add apples, and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or just until apples are tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in butter until melted, and remove skillet from heat. Stir any accumulated pan juices from roast into compote. Serve compote immediately with pork.