Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From my MIL
Make and share this Pork Loin Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make slits, with a sharp knife, all over the roast.
- Chop vegetables, mix with garlic, and insert vegetables into slits in roast (a table knife works fairly well).
- Mix spices (crush the rosemary leaves with a mortar & pestle OR carefully mince a couple fresh leaves) & rub over entire roast (wearing gloves helps them stick to the roast & not your hands).
- Sear top & bottom of roast in combination of 3 T butter AND 3 T olive oil.
- Roast, uncovered, at 375* for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 225* F & continue roast until center reaches 138* F. This should be about an hr, but check at 30 min, and again at 45 minute.
- Remove from oven, wrap with foil, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- (The roast should reach 143 - 145* F after the rest. In case there is any question about this temperature: USDA lowered the "safe" temp for pork to 145* F in 2011. Trichinae die at 137* F).