Recipe by lovetocookRN
An absolute must for the holidays, the light taste of citrus is very refreshing
- 4 lbs pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups craisins
- 1 orange
- 1 small onion
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- mix together allspice, salt and pepper-rub on all sides of roast.
- place roast in roasting pan with fat side up.
- brush mustard on top of roast.
- Zest the orange, then place the zest over roast.
- Slice onion into thin strips.
- place onion and craisins on top and pour in chicken stock.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 6 hours.
- let meat rest for 5-7 minutes
- before serving- take some liquid from roaster and heat in separate pan for gravy- thicken with cornstarch to desired thickness.