Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Picked this up at our grocery store[Sobeys]
Make and share this Pork Loin Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven 163 or 325F.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Insert termometer in center of meat.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan combine cornstarch and nutmeg.
- Stir in apple cider.
- Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly,until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture.
- Add fruit bits to remaining glaze,set aside.
- Arrange turnips,carrots,apples around roast.Brush some of the reserved glaze on meat,vegetables and fruit.Roast 30 to 45 minutes more or until thermometer registers 155F,brushing with remaining glaze again after 15 minutes.
- Cover pan with foil and rest 15 min.Meanwhile bring the fruits and cider glaze to a boil.Slice roast and serve with glazed turnip and fruit and cider glaze.
This was very good! A nice dish to serve during the fall months. My veggies took about 60 minutes to cook. Thanks for posting!
This was very moist and tender! I will have to make again to get the correct flavor; made at my mom's house and had to add potatoes and less turnips, and omitt the dried fruit to accomodate everyone else. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
This was a tasty dish. We enjoyed the moist, tender pork very much. It was perfectly cooked. My vegetables took 75 minutes to get tender. The sauce was flavourful and silky, I omitted the dried fruit as I didn't have any. Thanks for sharing.