Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a complete dinner for two in one roaster. The Fennel Spice I refer to in the Ingredient is Fennel Spice Fennel Spice by Mean Chef.. I have suggested 4 ribs but this allows for left overs unless you are very hearty meat eaters. You may use regular potatoes cooked but the canned ones work well in this recipe. Prunes & Apples are very Danish with pork and give a nice touch.The cut that I use for this recipe is the Rack of Pork cut with the rib bones exposed - you would also use this cut for a crown roast.
- pork loin rib roast (4 ribs)
- 2 tablespoons fennel, spice
- 12 prunes, pitted
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored & cut into 8 pieces
- 12 baby carrots
- 1 (19 ounce) canwhole potatoes, well drained
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 tablespoons vodka or 4 tablespoons white wine or 4 tablespoons apple juice
- Rub the Fennel spice into the meat and let it rest for at least 2 hours.
- preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place pork roast in the oven for 15 minutes, remove & add the prunes, apples and vegetables, return to oven.
- Rotate the veggies every 15 minutes to brown them evenly.
- After a half hour paint the meat with the mustard glaze, it will be very thin so be generous & paint several times.
- Finish roasting apprx another 15-20 minutes time will depend on the size of the roast and the size of the vegetables. Internal temperature of the pork should be 165-170°F.
Flavor is AWESOME and will keep it with amendments...like a 6 rack took 2 hrs + to cook, real potatos and carrrots were eldente and coated veges with vino/mustard sauce many times and lots of dises and mess. But worth it!!! Thank you.
Oh, Bergy, this turned out wonderfully! We enjoyed this meal so much. My rib roast had 6 ribs so I used about an hour and a half roasting time, with the veggies getting about 70 min. I used fennel spice rub (recipe #107646), fresh potatoes, 6 baby sized onions. Omitted salt and pepper. Also got quite liberal with the white wine (almost a cup)and ended up with a small but adequate amount dark sauce that was beautiful over the roasted veggies. This was an amazing meal, and I can't thank you enough for your posting!