Recipe by Baby Kato
So quick, so easy, so good. Your whole family will love this tasty pork dish. This is wonderful served with orzo, rice, noodles or potatoes.
Top Review by threeovens
I was afraid my husband wouldn't like this because he does not like sweet food, unless its dessert. But, he loved it! It really wasn't all that sweet, but wonderfully seasoned. I used half a pork shoulder and cooked it in a pressure cooker because I was pressed for time. I can't wait to try it in the slow cooker, because I think it will taste even better.
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 large parsnip, thinly sliced
- 2 tart apples, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom, thinly sliced
- 3 lbs pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider (more if required)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, coarse
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray the crock pot with oil.
- Place onion, carrot, parsnip, apples, pineapple and mushrooms in the crock pot.
- In a frying pan, brown the roast.
- Place the roast on top of the vegetables in the crock pot.
- Rub the roast with the herbs de provence, sprinkle on the garlic salt and lastly rub on the marmalade.
- Combine the apple cider, apple vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 - 6 hours.
- This is great served with rice, orzo, noodles and mashed potatoes.