Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Pork loin roast wrapped in crumb crust and seasoned in red wine. This is a combination recipe of flavors from other cooking I have done mixed with what was on hand. My family said " This is the best tasting pork roast we have ever tasted!" The coating was excellent and it was made with what I had on hand. They want to know when I can make again. "Good enough for Sunday company dinner. You can season to your liking.
Top Review by Nif
This was easy and tasty. I had to go out this afternoon so I put the pork loin roast in my crock pot. It cooked on high for 2 1/2 hours and then I put it under the broiler for about 5 minutes to crunch it up a bit. I made this for my ZWT5 teammate. Thanks Chef1MOM!
- 4 -5 lbs pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- olive oil
- 1 cup bran flakes, can include raisins (cereal)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take all dry ingredients plus garlic and mix together.
- Rub over roast.
- Crush cereal in bag and then pat/push onto roast or roll roast in cereal.
- Put in 9 x 13 roasting pan that has a drizzle of olive oil to help prevent sticking.
- ** Add wine and water to pan for roast at this point.
- Cover with tin foil tent style.
- Bake in oven 1 1/2 hrs-2 hrs (depends on oven) at 350°F.
- (Take tin foil off last 15 minutes to make a crusty coating).
- Slice in 1" slices.
- Use drippings to drizzle over meat.
- This makes a very rich au jus sauce.
- (I have also used drippings to make a gravy. Take drippings, add hot water and flour, whisk together and reheat on stove to thicken).