Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I threw this together in less than 30 minutes. The outcome was raves all around the table. Always trying to come up with ways to cook chicken or pork, I finally made a sauce that my family said was "off the hook". This dish was so easy to make and was well received with my Fluffy Rice Pilaf.
- 6 boneless sirloin pork chops (1/2 in thick)
- 16 ounces jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon new mexico chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a 4 cup measuring cup, I combined the cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic and onion salt with the cumin and cayenne. Mix well to incorporate the sugar.
- In a large reseable bag, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops one at a time and shake to coat. Set on plate until all have been coated and can be cooked together.
- In a large skillet cook pork in olive oil over medium high heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Pour sauce mixture over the pork and cover once it comes to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes.
- Served with Rice Pilaf and a crisp green salad. YUM!
- Hope you enjoy!
I give this 5 stars because of the taste... it's really good. My 9 year old son says if there were 10 stars he'd give that. As a personal preference, I enjoy my pork chops slow cooked for a long time so they are more tender than this recipe allows, so I'll probably do it in a crock pot next time. The taste, though, was really good and my son "demands" I put 5 stars. ;)
I made this in the crock pot on Hi and cooked it for 4 hours. I thought that it was a little sweet so the next time I will cut back on the brown sugar. Since I cooked it in the crock pot, I didn't do step 2.
Delicious ! I made the recipe as directed using 2 boneless very thick chops. DH adored the sauce. He was still talking about it the next day..