Recipe by Helping Hands
I threw this dinner together one night with items that I had on hand. It turned out to be a lovely dinner that was appreciated by all. Herbes De Provence is a wonderful spice that can liven up chicken, salad, potatoes, and veggies. It is a staple in my kitchen, and an important ingredient in this recipe, to really liven up the green beans. Please note that, even though this recipe normally serves two, you could easily throw in four pork loin chops. Please enjoy!
- 2 pork loin chops
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom gravy
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- bacon bits
- additional salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Coat pork loin chops with mixture.
- Heat olive oil in electric skillet over med-high to high heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms and saute for 1 minute.
- Add pork loin chops.
- Brown chops for 4 minutes per side, stirring veggies often.
- Pour mushroom gravy over chops and veggies, and stir well.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn down to low, cover, and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour green beans into microwavable dish.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt, pepper, and Herbes De Provence.
- Add Bacon Bits (to taste) and stir well.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve chops with mushroom gravy on top, with an extra serving of mushrooms and gravy on the side.
- Add green beans to plate and serve.