Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an easy simple dish that almost makes up a whole meal.
- 1 -2 lb center-cut pork loin chop
- 6 -8 medium potatoes
- 5 -6 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt (1/4 tsp for chops, rest of salt for milk and potatoes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper (1/8 tsp to pepper chops)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Peel and slice potatoes.
- place potatoes in a 13x9 inch pan.
- pour milk over potatoes (reserving 1/3 cup).
- put oil in frying pan.
- salt and pepper chops with above measurements.
- as soon as oil is hot, sear chops on both sides for 4 minutes each.
- put remaining salt and pepper in milk and potatoes, stir (add more salt or pepper to taste if needed).
- once chops are browned place on top of potatoes and milk.
- pour remaining 1/4 cup of milk into frying pan, heat until mixture can be poured into milk and potato baking dish.
- give a slight stir.
- bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and milk is golden brown.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and serve.