Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a delicious way to fix pork roast. One of our family favorites.
- 5 lbs boneless pork loin roast, rolled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the salt, garlic, thyme, ginger and pepper; rub over the entire roast.
- Place roast with fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160º.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Oh yeah, this one's a keeper. Delicious and tender and the dog won't get any of it! But I have to admit pork loin is the cat's favorite so he did get a couple nibbles... lol
I made this recipe for Christmas Eve dinner with the family. It was a huge hit, and the husband couldn't stop nibbling bites while he was carving the roast! I ended up having to almost double the spice rub, to get good coverage (the meat was about 5.3 lbs), and I let it stay in the ziploc in the fridge for about 1.5 days before roasting it. Thanks for posting the recipe! : )
Very good! First time I've made pork loin, but it won't be the last! Thanks for a simple, delicious recipe. :-)