1 hr 25 mins
This is a new-wave meatloaf! I just purchase a 1-pound piece of smoked ham at the deli department for this and chop it finely on my processor, any brand will do as long as it is a smoke flavor ham, or save some of your cooked leftover ham to make this! I have made it two times in one month, including today, and has become a favorite of my familys. You can use regular saltine crackers for this in place of whole wheat crackers, and red bell pepper can be substituted for green, or use both!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper (green or red bell, seeded and finely chopped, or use half a pepper of both!)
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 1 lb smoked ham, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat crackers or 1 cup saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, slighty beaten
- salt and black pepper (I use about 1/2 teaspoon salt)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 3Add in onions and bell pepper/s; cook until veggies are tender, stirring occasionally (about 8-10 minutes) then cool the mixture completely.
- 4In a large bowl mix together ground pork, ham, crushed crackers, milk, eggs, pepper, salt and the cooled onion/pepper mixture; mix well to combine.
- 5Shape into an approx 9x5-inch loaf, and place onto a shallow greased baking pan.
- 6Using a long knife, make shallow criss-cross (diamond) pattern in the top of of loaf.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile for the glaze blend the orange marmalade, Dijon mustard and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- 9After 30 minutes of baking remove from oven and drizzle about 1/3 cup glaze over loaf and return to oven to bake for another 15 minutes.
- 10After 15 minutes, drizzle the remaining glaze over loaf and bake for about another 22-25 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center of the loaf reads 165°F.
- 11Transfer the loaf to a platter; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 12Pour the pan juices into a small bowl and whisk to blend.
- 13Slice the loaf and serve with the pan juices.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1089.6
- Calories from Fat 609
- Total Fat 67.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.5 g
- Cholesterol 332.8 mg
- Sodium 2654.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 43.8 g
- Protein 63.0 g