Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Asian soup recipe comes from World Hearth.
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh Chinese noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lb pork loin, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 scallions, shredded
- 1 1⁄4 cups Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth, hot
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- soy sauce, to taste
- Bring water and salt to boil.
- Add noodles and boil for 8 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- While noodles are cooking, put oil into pan and saute pork, scallion, and cabbage until pork is done.
- Add pork mixture, noodles, salt, and pepper to chicken broth.
- Add soy sauce.
I used homemade chicken broth and ramen noodles. This recipe turned out lovely. Great recipe for a busy day!!
This was quick and easy dish. I followed the recipe, except for adding a couple of shitake mushrooms. I used fresh Chinese egg noodles and homemade chicken broth. Will be adding this one to my quick dinners cookbook. Made for ZWT 6
Good and easy to make. DH gobbled this up.