Top Review by Deb, A Westie Mom
What an easy dish! I made the recipe just exactly as it recommended, as it was the first time I made it. It could be made with any kind of meat, additional vegetables, such as water chestnuts, etc. Very good! Just the right amount of zip! Will make this again. Thank you.
- 12 ounces ground lean pork
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (or regular)
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce (or regular)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (4 ounce) packagedried thin spaghetti, broken
- 1 -2 cup fresh bean sprout (I use 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook pork, mushrooms, carrot, sweet pepper, and garlic until meat is brown and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir cornstarch into meat mixture.
- Stir in broth, soy sauce, gingerroot, crushed red pepper, and curry powder.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for two minutes more.
- Stir in cooked pasta, bean sprouts, and 1/2 cup green onions; heat through.