Recipe by CJAY
Posted for ZWT7- Switzerland. Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Note: Celery Sauce posted separately.
- 1 lb white onion
- salt water
- 1 lb sliced bacon, halved crosswise
- 2 lbs pork liver, in one piece
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon crumbled sage
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel onions and leave whole; cook in salted water until just tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain onions; set aside.
- Fry bacon slices in a large skillet until they begin to curl; drain on paper towels, keeping bacon fat in the skillet.
- Remove fine, outer membranous skin from liver; cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss cubes in a mixture of flour, sage and paprika.
- Saute liver quickly, a few cubes at a time, in bacon fat remaining in the skillet.
- Wrap each cube with bacon slice.
- Cut cooked onions in half lengthwise; arrange liver cubes alternately with onion halves on skewers.
- Broil 6 inches from heat to crisp bacon and brown onions, turning frequently to cook kabobs evenly.
- Meanwhile, cook rice accordin to package directions.
- Place kabobs on a bed of cooked rice; serve with celery sauce.