Posted for ZWT7- Switzerland. Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Note: Celery Sauce posted separately.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel onions and leave whole; cook in salted water until just tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain onions; set aside.
- 2Fry bacon slices in a large skillet until they begin to curl; drain on paper towels, keeping bacon fat in the skillet.
- 3Remove fine, outer membranous skin from liver; cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 4Toss cubes in a mixture of flour, sage and paprika.
- 5Saute liver quickly, a few cubes at a time, in bacon fat remaining in the skillet.
- 6Wrap each cube with bacon slice.
- 7Cut cooked onions in half lengthwise; arrange liver cubes alternately with onion halves on skewers.
- 8Broil 6 inches from heat to crisp bacon and brown onions, turning frequently to cook kabobs evenly.
- 9Meanwhile, cook rice accordin to package directions.
- 10Place kabobs on a bed of cooked rice; serve with celery sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Liver Kabob, Swiss Style, With Celery Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1164.1
- Calories from Fat 540
- Total Fat 60.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 763.1 mg
- Sodium 1148.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 68.9 g