Recipe by Steve2702
One for the wife, she loves liver so I messed around & came up with this. She liked it so it must be worth a try! It's easy to make too. It's good with a baked potato & white steamed cabbage.
- 3⁄4 kg pork liver
- 1⁄2 kg wiltshire smoked bacon (or any Smoked bacon but not streaky)
- 450 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 250 g sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 50 g butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 30 g bisto, gravy granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay the liver & bacon into a large casserole dish & add the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste & black pepper.
- In a wok or large frying pan heat the vegetable oil & butter.
- Add the chopped garlic, chopped celery & onions & fry for around 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms & fry for another 3 minutes or so until cooked through.
- Pour fried vegetables into the casserole dish & stir & cover.
- Preheat oven to around 170°C & bake for 2 hours.
- If required, season to taste & serve.