Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Based on a recipe from the Spirit House Cook Book. Done with small lettuce leaves makes a great appetiser for a party. This is usually part of a Thai meal. From The lettuce down, these are the garnishes, not to be put and mixed with the mince.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 500 g pork mince (ground mince)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped (green onions)
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, white tender part only finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced kaffir lime leaf
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 -2 fresh chili pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted rice powder
- 1 head lettuce (butter or mignonette)
- 1⁄2 cup ground roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup crispy-fried shallot (can buy them at the supermarket)
- 1 tablespoon chopped red chile
- Heat oil in wok and stir fry the pork until cooked, about 6-7 minutes (drain any fat).
- Remove from heat and mix in the remaining ingredients, put in a nice bowl. Arrange the garnishes around the bowl on a nice platter. Diners just help themselves to the lettuce leaves and pork, plus garnishes.