Recipe by Latchy
Based on a recipe from the Spirit House Cook Book. Done with small lettuce leaves makes a great appetiser for a party. This is usually part of a Thai meal. From The lettuce down, these are the garnishes, not to be put and mixed with the mince.
Top Review by Stardustannie
Absolutely perfect!! This one of my favourite Thai dishes and I order it out ALL the time. This recipe beats a lot of them I have ordered at Restaurants!
Made as directed but omitting the ground rice..couldn't be bothered.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 500 g pork mince (ground mince)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped (green onions)
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, white tender part only finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced kaffir lime leaf
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves
- 1 -2 fresh chili pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons roasted rice powder
- 1 head lettuce (butter or mignonette)
- 1⁄2 cup ground roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup crispy-fried shallot (can buy them at the supermarket)
- 1 tablespoon chopped red chile
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok and stir fry the pork until cooked, about 6-7 minutes (drain any fat).
- Remove from heat and mix in the remaining ingredients, put in a nice bowl. Arrange the garnishes around the bowl on a nice platter. Diners just help themselves to the lettuce leaves and pork, plus garnishes.