Recipe by Lene
This dish is perfect to serve up for a dinner party, or just to enjoy with the family.
Top Review by Chef Regina V. Smith
These little pork lettuce cups are tasty, easy and fast. They are a perfect choice for anyone who is counting carbs. I used Boston lettuce as the leaves tend to "fold" easily. I served with extra Chinese hot sauce and mustard on the side. Yummy. Thanks Lene.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 250 g ground pork
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 220 g water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 2 gem lettuce
- 75 g bean sprouts
- coriander leaves, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the shallots and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the chilie, pork and five spice and cook for a further 5 minutes. stir in the water chestnuts, fish sauce, soy sauce and honey and warm through gently, stirring until the pork is cooked through. Allow to cool then chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Separate the lettuce leaves and place 12 on a large serving platter. Stir the bean sprouts into the minced pork then spoon into the lettuce leaves. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.