Recipe by Latchy
This is a dish some Chinese friends made for me in Malaysia. The meat patties can be frozen uncooked. It's quick and it's tasty.
- 600 g ground pork
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek (chili paste)
- 1⁄2 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- ghee (for frying) or oil (for frying)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 200 g snow peas
- 150 g bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mince, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, sambal oelek, breadcrumbs and egg in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide mixture and make 8 patties or hamburgers.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pan and add the patties in batches and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Drain away all but about 2 tablespoons of the ghee or oil from pan, reheat it and add the onions and cook them until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, snow peas, bean sprouts and hoisin sauce until veges are just tender about 3 minutes.
- Serve veges topped with the patties and sprinkle with coriander.