Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From www.foodnetwork.com, the best that I've ever made. I love the flavor from the patis (fish sauce). I also add red and or green bell pepper for the color and taste. Pretty Christmas color dish!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean pork, sliced in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (3 -4 ounce) can pimientos, sliced
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Saute garlic, onions and pork until browned.
- Add soy sauce, patis, water and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until pork is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, peas and pimientos.
- Simmer for another 5 more minutes.
- Salt to taste.
Super easy and tasty weeknight meal. I added zucchini to the mix (plus extra water and extra simmer time). You can skip the tomato paste for an even simpler version.
it was good! Served it with steamed rice and it was a great dinner!