Recipe by Chef jean k
A great stir-fry. I have been m aking this for many years and my daughters now make it for family and friends. It has evolved according to individual tastes over the years. i.e. no salt, more or less hot bean sauce and garlic. Doubles well.
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 quart water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon szechuan hot bean sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
Seasoning for meat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim pork and cut into 1” strips.
- Add seasoninging. To pork & mix well.
- Remove tips & strings from beans. Cut into pieces on the diagonal.
- Boil water in saucepan. Add beans and 2 tsp oil (to keep beans green) Cook uncovered approx 5 min til barely tender ( drain & set aside).
- Mash hot bean sauce and garlic together.
- Heat wok then add 2 TBLS oil. Add pork and stir fry for 2 min over high heat. Add 1/4 cup chicken stock, cover, and cook for 2 minute Remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat wok and add 1 TBLS oil. Add bean sauce mixture (hold your breath) and string beans. Stir fry 2 minute Add salt, sugar, and 1/4 cup chicken stock. Bring quickly to a boil.
- Add pork and stir in thickener. Cook 1 min & serve with steamed jasmine rice.