Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A simple dish from The Czechoslovak Cookbook The recipe calls for lard but I think you could use butter instead.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh pork shoulder, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Fry onion in lard.
- Add paprika, meat, caraway seeds and salt and brown well.
- Add 1/2 cup water and simmer in a covered pan until meat is tender about 1 hour.
- Dust dripping with flour and stir until brown.
- Add remaining water and simmer for 10 to 20 minutes.