Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this recipe (which I've tweaked a bit!) was found in the February 2004 issue of Woman's Day. Not quite like my Mom used to make (served with macaroni) when I was a kid, but definitely in the running! Cooking time is for the lowest number of hours.
Top Review by foodtvfan
So easy to make and absolutely delicious. I used recipe #110331 for the onion soup mix, a little less caraway seed (personal preference), added 1 teaspoon sugar, and cooked on Low for six hours. Sour cream is definitely a great addition. Another family favorite. Served it with buttered egg noodles. It would also be good served with mashed potatoes. Made for Please Review My Recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork butt, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, ready-cut, no salt added
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream (optional)
- 2 teaspoons dill