Recipe by Mexy
I invented this for a number of Ukrainian and Russian builders who were renovating our home, here in Portugal, and feeling homesick.
- 2 lbs pork, cubed
- 3 large onions
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic, from a jar
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 fluid ounces chicken stock (1 cube dissolved in a mug of hot water)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 fluid ounces red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry pork in a little oil till sealed, remove.
- Add onions finely sliced, to pan.
- Fry gently till soft but not brown.
- Return pork.
- Add all remaining ingredients except pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Add pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook another 45 minutes Thicken with cornflour if needed.
- Add dollop cream, and serve with noodles or mash.