Recipe by Sydney Mike
Pork, fruit & pasta -- For me that's a great combination, & here's a recipe that my family has enjoyed for over 30 years!
- 1 (1 lb) box rotini pasta
- 1 lb boneless pork, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 onions, small, quartered
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, halved
- 1⁄2 cup dried pitted prunes, halved
- 1 large golden delicious apple, cut into 1-inch chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully saute pork & onions in the oil until browned.
- Add the broth, salt, pepper & ginger, & stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover & simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add fruits & simmer, covered 20 minutes longer, or until pork is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the rotini according to the directions on the box.
- Serve the pork & fruit over hot pasta.