Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have made this into burgers and put them into buns really good for a change.
- 1 large potato, cut into chunks
- 500 g pork mince
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 medium apples
- 20 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 tablespoons fruit chutney
- Boil the potato until just soft. Mash until chunks are just broken up; don't over mash.
- Put potato, mince, onion, herbs and egg in a bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Fatten the mixture into a lightly oiled frying pan (about 20cm) cook for 8 minutes over a medium heat. Slide the frittata onto a dinner plate. Wipe the pan with a paper towel, lightly brush with oil and place upside down over the plate. Invert the plate over pan to replace the frittata.
- Cook a further 8 minutes.
- Serve with the apples.
- To Make Spiced Apples: Peel, core and slice the apples thinly.
- Heat butter in a small pan and stir-fry over a low heat 2 minutes.
- Add the water, spices and chutney; cover, simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.