Recipe by east coast nellie
From "Six o'clock solutions," this recipe is a healthy, fast, one-skillet meal scaled down for two. (Can easily be doubled) Six points per serving.
- 6 ounces pork tenderloin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot cooked rice (w/o added salt or fat)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from pork; cut pork into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Combine pork and five spice powder; turn to coat.
- Coat a lg nonstick skillet w/spray and cook over med high heat for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Spoon pork into a med bowl and set aside.
- Heat 3/4 tsp oil in skillet over med high heat.
- Add fennel seeds and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and next 3 ingredients; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add veg mixture to pork in bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over med heat and add rice; stir-fry 2 minute Stir in soy sauce and pepper.
- Return pork-veg mixture to skillet.
- Stir-fry until heated through.