Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Thai - Perfect home for leftover rice and pork. Original recipe called for pork loin but I prefer shoulder or Boston butt.
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 lb boneless pork, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- In a large skillet or wok, heat one tablespoon of oil over a medium high heat. Add egg and cook until barely set. Scramble into small pieces and set aside.
- Add remaining oil, onion, red pepper, garlic and Red Curry. Stir-fry until onion is translucent and curry dissolved.
- Add pork, Fish Sauce and sugar. Stir-fry until pork is no longer pink. If using leftover pork, stir fry until hot & sugar dissolved.
- Add Jasmine Rice and reserved egg to skillet. Toss lightly to combine and stir-fry until rice is heated through. Mix in cilantro or basil, and serve.